"A Certain Exquisite Propriety" --Byron

Inspiration:Aspiration:Impression
MY likes, opinions, musings, etc.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Siki Im Fall/Winter 2011

I hesitated to post on Siki Im a couple weeks back when I first saw his collection, but the more I am confronted with these looks--at least these particular photos--the more I haven't been deterred from my initial reaction: these are such striking looks all around--from the tip-top of the feather on the hat and down. While the pieces in-and-of-themselves may be interesting, it is the combination and the overall look that I am fascinated by. I can't put my finger on it: it's a familiar edge. Could it simply be the hat? I just enjoy the oddity of it. It's been referred to as "American Gothic."  See more on VMan's list of best of NY fashion week HERE.
Source: Selectism



No comments:

Post a Comment